Friday, May 15, 2015

Steampunk Friday with SSD

Here again it is Friday and I have a new Flashback Friday by Sassy Studio Designs card for you. The deal is for one week you can buy this image at a discounted price. After the week is up it goes back to its normal price. Become a part of the Sassy Studio Designs Facebook group and enter the challenge over there. Plus you can see what all my other team mates did with this image.

This month is steampunk and if you have visited my blog before you know I don't really do that style of card making. It's been a little bit of a challenge but ya know what I did? I took all things that could be considered steampunk and put them in a basket so whenever I go to make my whatever this week I have everything in one spot. Funny thing is I have a whole basket of stuff to use. I was shocked at how much I have. 

Anyway, This card is a little bit bigger 5 x 6.5 and the black cardstock is by Recollections and the background paper is by Tim Holtz Idealogy line. The cogs and gears are dies by Spellbinders and I cut them out of GCD Studios black patterned paper and Die Cuts with a View glitter paper. I adhered some of them with foam adhesive by Stampin Up and some a little bit higher by EK Success. The black lacy pattern at the bottom is tape I found at Dollar Tree and the sentiment is a sticker by K and Co.

I printed the image out onto Cryogen cardstock and colored them in with Copic markers. It's not perfect but I'm OK with that. I die cut them out with Spellbinders die. I did use a gold Wink of Stella pen on the buttons, cogs, and straps in the image.






Thanks for looking.

No comments: