Thursday, August 01, 2013

Thinking of you

I have a thinking of you card to share today. All my cards so far this week have been landscape in orientation and so I decided to keep with the theme for the rest of the week. 

For the background paper I once again stamped a background stamp onto patterned paper. This time I heat embossed with clear embossing powder. The background stamp is an old one, Canvas, by Stampin Up. I actually love it and reach for it over and over again. You can make it out on the paper as small lines going up and down. I inked the edges of the background paper with Ranger Distress inks and an ink blending tool as well as the stamped sentiment. The die cut for the sentiment is cut out using my Cricut with a Hero Arts stamp and ink. 

The flower image is a stamp from Stampin Up's Fabulous Florets stamp set. I stamped it onto watercolor paper and colored it in with distress markers. Then I die cut it out with Spellbinders dies along with the layered die cuts. The trim at the bottom is from my stash.

Thanks for looking.


Challenges:
http://loriboyd2.blogspot.com/- Designer paper
http://7kidschallengeblog.blogspot.com/ Anything goes with markers (Distress markers)


6 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Beautiful Cindy. Love the layered flower.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Chrissy said...

Love the background stamp Cindy..and love the flower stamped on water colour paper, adds life and texture into the colours..gorgeous.
Fabulous card.

luv CHRISSYxx

Planetsusie said...

I do like this Cindy - like the warm soft colours and the texture to the watercolour paper makes all the different. A really lovely creation.

Thank you so much for joining us at Lady Anne's Stamp Challenge this month, I do hope we see you again very soon.

Hugs to you Sue Pxxx DT member

Sarah J Moerman said...

Great card! Wonderful flower! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Karen said...

Very pretty card! Thanks fro joining us at 7 Kids.

Karen

7 KIDS said...

Love the die cut layering! Thanks for participating in the www.7kidscollegefund.com challenge!